Waaaaaaay back in August 2011 HPI teased us with the Revolution silhouetted press release image of what looked like a Savage with a petrol/gasoline engine installed. Set for release in 2012.
As seen HERE!
Well, we are almost at the final throws of 2012 and finally, they have shed more light on the subject.
Not known as the Revolution but the Savage XL Octane.
Quite rightly it is the well known and proven extended Savage XL chassis with that all new 15cc petrol engine on board.
HPI themselves say this…
The HPI Savage is an Award-Winning series of 4x4 monster trucks that continue to push the limits with performance, reliability and ease of use. Now with the release of the new Savage XL Octane, that level of excellence has been raised to new heights. Fans are now treated to a newly updated design of the legendary Savage platform with an awesome gasoline engine that will surprise even the most experienced drivers. The new Savage XL Octane has a host of features that throw the rulebook out and all in a great Ready-To-Run package. This revolutionary new engine will give you more torque plus longer runtime. Combined with the host of new updated performance parts to the legendary Savage platform, the Savage XL Octane will leave all other competitors in the dust!
With the specs stacking up like…
- All-new 15CC gasoline powered “Octane” engine.
- All-new ducted fan design keeps the engine cooler and more efficient.
- All-new tuned pipe matches perfect to the “Octane” engine for increased torque and overall power.
- All-new composite, triple-disc brake system.
- All-new XL truck body with scale detail and thick polycarbonate for increased toughness.
- All-new extra-strength composite roll cage increases durability.
- All-new extra large fuel tank increases the already amazing runtime.
- All-new designed alloy TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis.
- Full-time shaft drive 4WD system for maximum grip, power and acceleration.
- Proven 2-stage, oversized, oil-filled shocks.
- Sealed all-metal differentials with bulletproof bevel gears help tame the massive torque.
- 2.4GHz radio technology.
- Tough dual-stage air filter.
- Heavy-duty cam-type servo saver steering system.
- All-terrain tires w/ standardized Savage 17mm Hex Hubs.
- Proven Savage XL 3 Speed transmission.
- Proven Savage XL suspension uprights.
- Machined Steel Spur Gear.
- High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo.
- Rechargeable receiver pack and charger.
- Front and rear bumpers help protect against big hits.
- Extra tough slipper clutch for drivetrain security.
I am certainly looking at getting one of these trucks to start and replenish my RC collection, after sadly having to sell much of it off a few months ago to fund something else. But now i am back on track, have the RC bug, and been hanging on for one of these from the moment of that first press release, it’s certainly coming round at the right moment.
Early searching and indication would suggest the Savage XL Octane is due for release around the 1st of April 2013, with no idea of prices just yet.